Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cats and Candy


Today was a slower day, Paul had his first day of work and Noa and I just wandered around a few neighborhoods.  The photo above is halvah, a sweet made from sesame and in this case chocolate...  Marilyn, please expect a few pounds:-).



 Two things they have here are there are plenty of are Cats and Candy. There are cats everywhere.  They don't bother to spay them, and all the open air markets with fish and meat keep them here.  All day long you hear them meowing, and fighting.  I love cats and it breaks my heart to see hundreds of cats roaming the streets, parks, even in restaurants!  Thankfully they are feral and know how to cross streets and take care of themselves except for the unprotected sex.  The photo above where stripey looks like he is in jail... he is actually in a shop hiding in the mop display.. brazen.  I wish I didn't promise Paul I would remain quiet about my views as I would be bothering the government about spaying all pets and those on the street.  While I was at city hall... I would  also be SCREAMING about their littering and plasctic bag problems.  There are plastic bags everywhere including the beach... by the thousands, and those are the ones I've seen.  The garbage is extreme, which seems like an oxymoron as this is an evolved thoughtful place.... MEOW.

As for candy, they do a fine of of having every type of sweet on every corner.  Noa says everytime we pass a display, so and so would go nuts for this,  and that one would love all of those etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment