Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is it time to pack yet?

As if getting ready to move 8000 miles away wasn’t difficult enough, my mom passed away on Tuesday, I flew to Chicago on Thursday, her funeral was on Friday and I’m on a flight back to Portland today Saturday. I had so many emotions, feelings I was about to crawl out of my skin. I’ve never been to a funeral in several inches of snow, followed by a luxurious luncheon at Arlington Park Race Track, courtesy of my darling sister Sherrie’s in laws who own the race track. It was a repeat of her wedding held there with entirely diffent emotional feel. It was also a blessing as I was able to visit with many relatives and old friends. I also got to spend several quality hours afterward with my dad. There was serendipity everywhere. One of my brother Fred’s good friends knows Rosy the owner of the amazing apartment we are renting in Jerusalem. I went with my dad to Friday night services at a synagogue in Northbrook. The Rabbi also knows of Rosy and knows his dad, if that’s not enough my dear Portland friend Sheryl’s family is buried at the same cemetery as my mom and all the rest of my family. Well we are about to land and I get to see Noa and Paul.

I guess I will finally start packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment