Thursday, January 14, 2010

People

It's been two days without earth shattering things to write about.  It's been very calm and sweet spending time with Noa as Paul has been working and traveling.  I took Noa back to some of the places I discovered on my own and just did everyday things like laundry and grocery shopping.  I always take a camera as I never know what I will stumble upon or what interesting characters I will see.  Here are two days worth of people I wouldn't see in Portland.
This is Hussein we met him at the entry to the Damascus Gate.  He was very kind and offered to help us with any thing we needed, and didn't try to sell us anything.


This is not a person but I had to include it as it was so beautiful. We walked past a spice shop and saw this pyramid of powdered oregano, chili peppers and sesame seeds.  I mindlessly touched it as it was so perfect and I didn't think it was real... there was a very small avalanche and I didn't get yelled at or my hand cut off.



 Photo from my patio, old woman putting out her grown sons laundry

Old religious man

Not so religious woman but very spiritual:-)


I saw this Russian woman reading by the entryway to the Temple Mount.  Later in the day she was preening and plucking  her eyebrows in a luxury mall restroom.

Cutest boy in Israel (per Noa)  we call him Potato Boy as he served us cold roasted potatoes




Christian Orthodox man in a hurry with his shopping bags.

I hope to have another adventure tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. i just love reading about the little stuff, the walks, the things you see that as you say you wouldn't see here in portland. photos are wonderful. from potatoe boy to laundry woman. btw i think i am like dan quayle -- no idea how to really spell potatoe and too lazy to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Jeri...

    Hi Pam, Noa and Paul! What a fascinating city. How many times have you and Noa been back to take another long look at potato boy? What a killer smile! I am enjoying the tour thru the city with you and my favorite pic is the exercise contraption in the park. The Last Supper...did you get chills?

    Catch you later, Jeri

    ReplyDelete